Do you really have a bad back, or may it be that the double mattress you are sleeping on is wrong for your body and/or health condition? Buying a new mattress can be confusing, and without the proper research and information, you may end up purchasing the wrong one. Do not let that happen to you. Read the following facts to properly prepare yourself for when you are finally heading out to select your new double mattress.
When buying a double mattress in Melbourne, you may want to consider the following advice.
1) Always test your double mattress before you hand over your credit card. Lie down on it for an extended period of time. Better yet, ask if you can test the mattress at home for a few days.
2) Do not switch from one opposite to the other. In other words, if your old mattress was soft, try one or two grades harder, but do not select one that is at the other end of the spectrum. The transition will be too harsh on your body.
3) Many people toss and turn during the night to release stress from their joints. If your double mattress is too soft, your body will have to work to find comfortable positions, putting even more strain on the joint tissue.
4) The best mattress for you is the one that properly supports your spine, yet does not put any strain on your natural curves. Mattresses made from viscose-elastic foam materials will exhibit both viscous and elastic characteristics when undergoing deformation. They will comfort your body’s pressure points.
5) People tend to shed about 1 – 2 pints of sweat during the night. When selecting a bed and double mattress in Melbourne, choose one that allows good evaporation. The bed frames with a slatted base are ideal as they allow lots of air circulation.
6) Partners who are not equal in size and weight should consider a split mattress. Although there is only one bed frame, the actual mattress consists of two parts. Each partner can then choose the level of softness they deem fit for their body.
7) Despite the progress made in structure and materials, it is still recommended to flip your mattress over ever 6 weeks. Only a double mattress from Melbourne made using no-turn technology can stay put.
8) Allergy and asthma sufferers should be aware that some mattresses can aggravate their condition. To avoid intensifying their medical condition, these consumers should invest in one of the numerous hypo-allergenic and mite-resistant styles. Cotton mattress protectors will also help minimize the irritation.
9) The popularity of foam mattresses is increasing steadily. Consumers like them because these models are more comfortable and supportive than the ones made with springs. Both types have their pros and cons, which means that you will have to find out which double mattress will be better for your specific body. Over time, foam can shrink, while springs can bend and lose their shape.
10) Be it a single, queen, king, or double mattress, none of them should be kept for longer than 7 to 10 year for hygienic reasons. The only exceptions are mattresses that come with a 15 year warranty.
If any questions arise after reading this article, do not hesitate to approach your bed and mattress dealer with your concerns. These experts are knowledgeable, and should be able to supply you with all the information you need to make an informed decision.
Looking for an affordable and comfortable double mattress Melbourne ? The Mattress Man delivers to your bedroom and guarantees you a quality, comfortable and affordable double mattress.